If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Yarn: Scheepjes Catona in 3 colors
Hook-size: 3.0 mm Clover Amour
Size: 16 cm after blocking
Good to know
- Total number of stitches between (-) at the end of each round.
- Start each round with a standing stitch or replace with chains; ch1 = 1 sc, ch2 = 1 hdc, ch3 = 1 dc, ch4 = 1 tr.
- Close each round with a slst in first st or with an invisible join.
- Beginning dc3tog is made with ch2 and dc2tog in given sts.
- Beginning fpdc is made as 1 fpsc+ch2.
st/sts – stitch/stitches
slst – slipstitch
ch – chain
chsp – chain-space
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
fpdc – front post double crochet
fptr – front post treble crochet
bpdc – back post double crochet
(-) – made in the same chsp/st
*-* – repeat around or specified number of times
fptr3tog – front post treble crochet 3 together around given sts
dc3tog – double crochet 3 together in the same chsp/st
pop – popcorn; 4 dc in the same st, remove loop from hook, place hook in first dc, put loop back on hook, yarn over, pull through, ch1 to close (ch1 does NOT count as a st).
pic – picot, ch3, slst in first ch and the loop in the stitch just made (see picture)
Color 1 – light purple Color 2 – dark purple Color 3 – blue
1. (Color 1). 12 dc in a magic ring. (12 dc)
2. (Color 2). *1 sc in dc, ch5*. (12 sc, 12 ch5-sp)
3. Slst to 3rd ch. *dc3tog in chsp, ch3, skip sc*. (12 x dc3tog, 12 ch3-sp)
4. (Color 1). 2 fpdc around each st on round 1. (24 fpdc)
5. From the 2nd group of fptr3tog the first fptr is made around the same fpdc as the last fptr from the previous group (see the needle on the first picture). In the last group of fptr3tog the last fptr is made around the same fpdc as the very first fptr in the first group (see the needle on the second picture).
*fptr3tog around three fpdc, ch 2, 1 sc in ch3-sp on round 3, ch2*.
(12 x fptr3tog, 12 sc, 24 ch2-sp)
6. (Color 3). 2 dc in each chsp around. (48 dc)
7. (Color 2). Begin in first dc in a chsp after a sc (see the needle on the picture below).
*2 bpdc, fptr around fptr3tog on round 5, 2 bpdc, fptr around sc on round 5*.
(48 bpdc, 24 fptr)
8. (Color 3). 1 dc in each st around. (72 dc)
9. (Color 2Begin in dc after a dc made in a fptr.
*2 bpdc, (fptr, ch2, fptr) around fptr (skip dc made in fptr on previous round)*.
(72 bpdc, 48 fptr, 24 ch2-sp)
10. (Color 1). Begin in a chsp.
*pop in chsp, ch3, skip to next chsp*. (24 pop, 24 ch3-sp)
11. (Color 3). Begin in a chsp.
*3 sc in chsp, pic, skip pop*. (72 sc, 24 pic)
12. (Color 2). Begin in first sc after a pic. Tip! Fold the pic from round 11 to the front to make it easier to get them in front of the ch1-sp on this round.
*2 sc, pic, 1 sc, ch1, skip pic on previous round*. (72 sc, 24 pic, 24 ch1-sp)
Pull all the picots so they are in front of the work. Cut the yarn and secure the ends. Block your mandala for the best result.
#annavirkpanna #mandalamarathon #chrysantemummandala
Please be aware that all my patterns are protected by copyright. This pattern belongs to me, Anna Nilsson, and I retain all rights to it. I ask that you don’t share my patterns/pdf´s with others, instead refer them to my blog annavirkpanna.com.