If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Easter Chicken decoration
Yarn: Scheepjes Catona
Hook size: 3 mm
Size: 5- 6 cm (depending if you make legs or not)
Good to know
- Instructions between *-* is repeated around, if nothing else is told.
- The pattern has two versions, one with legs and one without. See the difference in round 4 below.
ch – chain
slst – slipstitch
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet
dc3tog- double crochet 3 together
1. In a magic ring crochet; *dc3tog, ch3*, repeat *-* 5 times in total. End with a slst in top of first dc3tog. Pull the ring tight. (5 dc3tog, 5 ch3sp).
2. Start in a chsp. *3 sc in chsp, 1 sc in top of dc3tog*, repeat *-* around. End with a slst in first st. (20 sc)
3. Ch1, *2 sc, 2 sc in next st*, repeat *-* 6 times in total, 1 sc, 2 sc in next st. End with a slst in the first sc. (28 sc)
4. With and without legs; Ch4, 6 tr in the same st (head),
Without legs; skip 2 st, 15 slst, ch3, 2 dc in the same st, ch3, 1 slst in the same st,
With legs; skip 2 st, 11 slst, (ch5, 1 slst in 3rd ch from the hook, ch3, 1 slst in the same ch as before, 2 slst back along the leg), 1 slst in next st on the body, make (-) one more time, 3 slst, ch3, 2 dc in the st, ch3, 1 slst in the same ch,
With and without legs; skip 1 st, 7 slst, skip 1 st,
With and without legs; 1 slst in 3rd ch of beginning 4, 1 slst in the 4th ch, 6 slst along the tr on previous round, ch2, 1 slst in first ch, 1 hdc in same ch.
Cut yarn, leave a tail so you can attach the beak to the body (see picture below) and then secure the end.
Cut a piece of yarn or thread (appr. 10 cm), put it through one of the slst at top pf the head, tie a doubleknot and your chicken is ready.
Please be aware that all my patterns are protected by copyright. This pattern belongs to me, Anna Nilsson, and I retain all rights to it. I ask that you don’t share my patterns/pdf´s with others, instead refer them to my blog annavirkpanna.com.