If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Yarn: Scheepjes Catona
Hook size: 3 mm
Size: 18 cm after blocking
Good to know
- Close each round with a slst in first st.
- First st on each round is made with chains; 1 sc – ch1, 1 hdc – ch2, 1 dc – ch3, 1 tr – ch4.
- Total number of stitches between () at the end of each round.
ch – chain
chsp – chain space
st – stitch
slst – slip stitch
sc – single crochet
tr – treble crochet
dc2tog – double crochet 2 together in told stitches
bpdc – back post double crochet
fptr – front post treble crochet
fpdc – front post double crochet
fphdc – front post half double crochet
fpsc – front post single crochet
fpdc3tog – front post double crochet 3 together around told stitches
prev – previous
pic – picot; ch3, slst in first ch
pop – popcorn; 5 dc’s in the same st, remove loop from hook, place hook from the front in the first dc, place loop back on hook and pull through, ch1 to close (ch1 does NOT count as a st)
*-* – repeat around
(-) – made in same st/chsp
1. In a magic ring crochet; *1 tr, ch1*, repeat *-* 12 times in total. (12 tr, 12 ch1-sp)
2. Slst in chsp, *pop in chsp, ch1, 1 bpdc around tr, ch1*. (12 pop, 24 ch1-sp, 12 bpdc)
3. Slst in chsp, ch1, *1 sc in bpdc, ch 5, skip (chsp, pop, chsp)*. (12 sc, 12 ch5-sp)
4. 2 slst in chsp, ch1, *1 sc in chsp, ch4, skip sc on prev round*. (12 sc, 12 ch4-sp)
5. *(1 dc, ch1, 1 dc) in sc, ch2, 1 fptr around sc on round 3, ch2*. (24 dc, 12 ch1-sp, 24 ch2-sp, 12 fptr)
6. *pop in ch1-sp, ch1, fpdc around dc, dc2tog (one leg in chsp before fptr, one leg in chsp after fptr), fpdc around dc, ch1*. (12 pop, 24 fpdc, 12 dc2tog, 24 ch1-sp)
7. Ch2, *fphdc around pop, 2 hdc in ch1-sp, fpdc3tog around (fpdc, dc2tog, fpdc), 2 hdc in ch1-sp*. (12 fphdc, 48 hdc, 12 fpdc3tog)
8. Ch1, *(1 sc, ch4, 1 sc) in fphdc, ch4, 1 fpsc around fpdc3tog, ch4*. (24 sc, 12 fpsc, 36 ch4-sp)
9. Ch1, *(1 sc, pic, 1 sc) in chsp, ch4, fpsc around fpsc, ch4*. (24 sc, 12 pic, 12 fpsc, 24 ch4-sp)
Cut yarn and secure ends. Block your mandala for the best result.
Please be aware that all my patterns are protected by copyright. This pattern belongs to me, Anna Nilsson, and I retain all rights to it. I ask that you don’t share my patterns/pdf´s with others, instead refer them to my blog annavirkpanna.com.