If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Yarn: Scheepjes Catona in 3 colors
Hook-size: 3.0 mm Clover Amour
Size: 17 cm after blocking
Good to know
- Total number of stitches between (-) at the end of each round.
- Start each round with a standing stitch or replace with chains; ch1 = 1 sc, ch2 = 1 hdc, ch3 = 1 dc, ch4 = 1 tr.
- Close each round with a slst in first st or with an invisible join.
- Beginning fpdc is made as 1 fpsc+ch2.
st/sts – stitch/stitches
ch – chain
chsp – chain-space
slst – slip-stitch
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
FLO – front loops only
BLO – back loops only
fpsc – front post single crochet
fphdc – front post half double crochet
fpdc – front post double crochet
fptr – front post treble crochet
bpdc – back post double crochet
dc2tog – double crochet 2 together
pop – popcorn; 5 dc in same stitch, remove loop from hook, place hook from the front in the first dc, put loop back on hook, yarn over and pull through, ch1 to close (ch1 does NOT count as a stitch).
(-) – made in the same st/chsp
*-* – repeat around or given number of times
[-] – repeat across a number of stitches a given number of times
Color 1 – aqua Color 2 – lime Color 3 – peach
1. (Color 1). 12 dc in a magic ring. (12 dc)
2. (Color 2). Begin between 2 dc.
*1 dc between dc’s, bpdc around next dc*. (12 dc, 12 bpdc)
3. *fpdc around dc, 2 dc in bpdc*. Close with a slst in 2nd ch of beginning fpsc+ch2.
(24 dc, 12 fpdc)
4. (Color 1). Begin in first dc of two made in the same st.
*2 bpdc, ch2, skip fpdc*. (24 bpdc, 12 ch2-sp)
5. (Color 3). Begin in the first bpdc of two.
*2 sc, ch2, pop in chsp, ch2*. (24 sc, 12 pop, 24 ch2-sp)
6. (Color 1). Begin in first sc of two.
*2 dc, 1 dc in chsp, fphdc around pop, 1 dc in chsp*. (48 dc, 12 fphdc)
7. (Color 2). Begin in st after a pop.
*4 bpdc, dc2tog (one dc in the space on each side of fphdc)*.
(48 bpdc, 12 x dc2tog)
8. *4 sc, fphdc around dc2tog*. (48 sc, 12 fphdc)
9. (Color 3). Begin in first sc of four.
*4 hdc, (1 hdc, ch2, 1 hdc) in fphdc*. (72 hdc, 12 ch2-sp)
10. (Color 2). Begin in chsp.
*1 sc in chsp, fptr around dc2tog on round 7, 1 sc in the same chsp, 6 sc in BLO*.
(24 sc, 12 fptr, 72 sc in BLO)
11. (Color 1). *1 sc in fptr, in FLO of the 4th hdc on round 9 make (1 dc, ch1) 4 times, 1 dc in the same st, skip to next fptr*.
(12 x 5 dc + 4 ch1-sp, 12 sc)
12. (Color 2). Begin around first dc in a group.
*[bpdc around dc, dc in chsp] 4 times, bpdc around last dc, fpdc around fptr on round 10*.
(12 x 4 dc + 5 bpdc, 12 fptr)
13. (Color 3). Begin in st after fpdc. Don’t crochet too tight when you make the slst on this round. Crochet in BLO.
*9 slst, (slst, ch3, slst) in fpdc*.
(131 slst, 12 ch3-sp)
Cut yarn and secure ends. Give your work a light block for the best result.
#annavirkpanna #mandalamarathon #passionflowermandala
Please be aware that all my patterns are protected by copyright. This pattern belongs to me, Anna Nilsson, and I retain all rights to it. I ask that you don’t share my patterns/pdf´s with others, instead refer them to my blog annavirkpanna.com.