If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Yarn: Scheepjes Catona
Amount: Color 114 – 1 skein of 25 g, color 518 -1 skein of 25 g, color 519 -1 skein of 25 g, color 246 -1 skein of 25 g, color 402 -1 skein of 50 g
Hook-size: 3 mm
Size: app. 40*60 cm (after blocking)
ch – chain
sl st – slip stitch
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – triple crochet
chsp – chainspace
sk – skip
st – stitch
picot – ch 3, sl st to first ch
Good to know
– First dc = ch 3.
– Each round ends with a sl st to first st, if nothing else is told.
– Instructions between *-*, is repeated around, or the number of times specified.
– Instructions for the corners is written in between [-], to make it easier to read.
– Under assembly the text says (square 1) 3 dc, ch 1, (square 2) sl st in ch. This means; on square 1 you’ll crochet 3 dc, chain 1. Then go to square 2 and make a sl st in the chain. The square you crochet the stitches in is in (-) before the stitch that you are going to make.
– 1-ch = a chain made of chain 1, 2-ch = a chain made of chain 2. I use it in some rounds to make them easier to follow.
– Make sure you don’t crochet the chains in the edging too tight.
Make 5 flowers of each color combination.
Round 1 color: A-114 B-114 C-114
Round 2-4 color: A-518 B-519 C-246
Start with color 114. Ch5, sl st to first ch to make a circle.
1. Ch2 (count as1 dc), 11 dc around the circle, sl st to 2nd ch.
2. Change color. *[1 sc, ch10, 1 sc] in the same st, 2 sc*, repeat *-* around.
3. *[2 sc, 2 hdc, 2 dc, 1 tr, 2 dc, 2 hdc, 2 sc] around the ch, 4 sl st (in the sc)*, repeat *-* around.
4. Ch1, 1 sc in the st behind the sl st, ch5 (first tr + ch1), *sk 2 st, 9 sl st around the petal, ch1, sk to the 4 sl st on round 3. 1 tr in the 2nd sc (behind sl st), ch2, 1 tr in next sc , ch1*, repeat *-* 3 times, sk 2 st, 9 sl st, ch1, 1 tr in the sc (behind sl st), ch2, end with a sl st in the 4th ch of the beginning 5.
(On the pictures I have used a new color on each round to make it easier to see where the stitches go).
Cut yarn and secure ends.
(color 402) Now it’s time to join the flowers. It’s a good idea to place the flowers where you want them, that makes it easier to keep track. Begin with crochet a complete round 5 on ONE flower.
5. *1 sc around 1-ch, ch7, [1 tr + ch2 + 1 tr] in the st behind the 5th sl st, ch7, 1 sc around 1-ch, ch3, 3 tr around 2-ch, ch3*, repeat *-* around.
Now one side of flower 2 will be joined with one side of flower 1.
Begin in a corner on flower 2, behind the 5th sl st on a petal: 1 tr, ch2, (square 1) sl st around the corner-ch, ch1, (same corner as before on square 2) 1 tr. Continue with the pattern on the side: ch7, 1 sc, ch2, (square 1) sl st around 3-ch, ch1, (square 2) 3 tr, ch1, (square 1) sl st around 3-ch, ch3, (square 2) 1 sc, ch7. Crochet the second corner like the first one.
Continue with square 2 according to the pattern for round 5.
When it’s time for one flower to be joined with two other flowers you crochet like this:
In the corner of the joining flower; crochet 1 tr, ch2, 1 sl st around the ch of the first flower, ch1, 1 sl st around the ch of the third flower, ch1 and end with 1 tr in the same st the first one was made in.
Cut yarn and secure ends.
Before you continue with the edging take the time to block your work. This will make the stitches look much better. When you have pinned it on your blocking mat, spray it with water and let it dry.
(color 402) 1. Begin in a corner. [2 sc + 1 picot + 2 sc] around the ch, ch8, *1 sc around the ch before the 3 tr, 1 picot, 1 sc around the ch after the 3 tr, ch5, 1 sc around next ch, ch5, 1 sc around ”corner-ch”, 1 picot, 1 sc around next ”corner-ch”, ch5, 1 sc around next ch, ch5*, repeat *-* until the last 3 tr, 1 sc around the ch before the 3 tr, 1 picot, 1 sc around the ch after the 3 tr, ch8, in the corner crochet [2 sc + 1 picot + 2 sc]. Repeat around. End with a sl st in the 1st st.
2. Sl st to corner-picot, [1 sc + ch5 + 1 sc], ch5, 1 sc around ch after corner, ch5, 1 sc in picot, ch5, 1 sc in next ch, ch5, 1 sc in next ch, ch5, 1 sc in picot, ch5 and so on, continue the whole round, end with a sl st to 1st sl st.
3. 3 sl st to make you begin in the middle of the corner-ch, crochet *[3 dc + ch5 + 3 dc], (ch5, 1 sc around next ch), repeat (-) 4 times total, ch5, 3 dc around next ch, ch3, 3 dc around next ch, (ch5, 1 sc around next ch), repeat (-) 4 times total, ch5*, repeat *-* around, end with a sl st in the 3rd ch of the beginning 3.
4. 3 dc, in the corner crochet [3 dc + ch3 + 3 dc], 3 dc, 1 sc in the next ch, (3 dc + ch 3 + 3 dc) around next ch, 1 sc arond next ch, repeat around. End with a sl st to the 3rd ch of the beginning 3.
Cut yarn and secure the ends. Block your finished piece and then enjoy your Starfall. This design can easily be made bigger or smaller, just let your imagination go wild!