If you like to support my work as a crochet designer,
please buy me a cup of coffee ❤
Good to know
- Total number of stitches between (-) at the end of each round.
- First stitch on the round is made as a standing stitch or replace with chains; ch1 = sc, ch2 = hdc, ch3 = dc, ch4 = tr.
- Close each round with a slst in first st, if nothing else is told.
st/sts – stitch/stitches
slst – slipstitch
ch – chain
chsp – chain-space
prev – previous
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet
BLO – back loops only
fpsc – front post single crochet
bpsc – back post single crochet
fphdc – front post half double crochet
bphdc – back post half double crochet
fpdc – front post double crochet
fpdc3tog – front post double crochet 3 together around given stitches
fptr3tog – front post treble crochet 3 together around given stitches
pop – popcorn; 5 dc in the same stitch, remove loop from hook, insert hook from front to back in the first dc, grab the loop back on your hook, pull through, ch1 to close (ch1 doesn’t count as a stitch).
puff – puff-stitch; *yarn over, insert hook in given stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop to the height of a dc*, repeat *-* until you have 9 loops on the hook, yarn over and pull through all loops. Ch1 to close (ch1 doesn’t count as a stitch).
pic – picot; ch3, slst in first st.
*-* – repeat around or given number of times
(-) – stitches are made in the same st/chsp
Color 1 – Bridal White (105) Color 2 – Tropic (253)
Color 3 – Dark Teal (401) Color 4 – Mercury (074)
Color 5 – Chrystalline (385) Color 6 – Jade (514)
1. Color 1. 12 dc in a magic ring. (12 dc)
2. Color 2. Begin in any st.
*4 dc in the same st, ch3, skip 1 st*.
(24 dc, 6 ch3-sp)
3. Color 1. Begin in first dc of four in the same st.
*4 sc, puff in the skipped st on prev round (in front of the chsp)*.Do not fasten off.
(24 sc, 6 puff)
4. Crochet in BLO. *4 sc, 2 sc in puff*. (36 sc)
5. Color 3. Begin behind the work in a chsp from round 2.
*4 dc in chsp on round 2, ch2, 1 sc in BLO on the 3rd sc on round 4, ch2*. Do not fasten off.
(6 sc, 24 dc, 12 ch2-sp)
6. Slst to and in chsp. Place marker in the first sc made into the respective first two chsp for row 9.
*2 sc in chsp, ch2, skip sc, 2 sc in chsp, skip 2 sts on ruond 4 (from the stitch that the sc on round 5 is made in), 3 dc in next st (above a puff)*.
(18 dc, 24 sc, 6 ch2-sp)
7. Color 4. Begin in a chsp. *5 dc in chsp, 4 dc in the dc on round 5 (behind the work)*. Do not fasten off.
(6×5 dc, 24 dc)
8. Crochet in BLO. *2 sc, 2 sc in next st (the 3rd dc of five in a group), 6 sc*. (60 sc)
9. Color 5. Crochet behind the work. Begin in the first sc after a chsp on round 6 (see where the hook is placed on the first picture below). On the last picture the pins show the stitches you crochet in.
*5 dc in sc after a chsp on round 6 where you placed markers, skip all sts to sc before next chsp on round 6, 5 dc in sc before a chsp on round 6, bpsc around the 3rd dc of five on round 7*. Do not fasten off.
(12×5 dc, 6 bpsc)
10. *5 sc, fptr3tog around the three dc’s on round 6, 6 sc*. Do not fasten off.
(6 fptr3tog, 66 sc)
11. Crochet in BLO. *5 sc, fpdc around fptr3tog, 6 sc*. (66 sc, 6 fpdc)
12. Color 1. Begin in a stitch after a fpdc. Crochet in BLO.
*6 sc, fpdc around bpsc on round 9, 6 sc (the 6th sc is made in fpdc on round 11), 1 fpdc around fpdc on round 11 (that is made around fptr3tog on round 10*. (72 sc, 12 fpdc)
13. Color 6. Begin in st after fpdc that leads to fptr3tog.
*3 sc, pop in next st, 3 sc (the 3rd sc is made in fpdc), fphdc around fpdc on prev round*.
(12 pop, 12 fphdc, 72 sc)
14. Color 4. Begin in first sc from prev round.
*3 sc in BLO, fpsc around pop, tr in first sc of two in the same st on round 8 (see picture below), 3 sc in BLO, fpsc around fphdc on prev round, 3 sc in BLO, tr in the same st on round 8 (see picture below), fpsc around pop, 3 sc in BLO, fpsc around fphdc on prev round*.
(72 sc, 12 tr, 24 fpsc)
15. Color 1. 1 sc in each st around. Do not fasten off. (108 sc)
16. First sc is made in the first sc on prev round.
*1 sc, skip 2 st, 5 dc in next st, skip 2 sts*. (18 sc, 18×5 dc)
17. Color 2. Begin in first dc of five in a group.
*5 bphdc, 3 dc in sc*. (90 bphdc, 54 dc)
18. Color 4. Begin in first bphdc after three dc’s.
*5 sc, 3 fpdc*. Do not fasten off. (90 sc, 54 fpdc)
19. Slst to second sc of five. *4 sc in BLO, ch5, skip 3 fpdc+1 sc*. (72 sc, 18 ch5-sp)
20. Color 3. Begin in a chsp.
*3 hdc in ch5-sp, fpdc3tog around the three fpdc’s on round 18, 3 hdc in ch5-sp, sk 1 st, 2 sc, sk 1 st*.
(18 fpdc3tog, 108 hdc, 36 sc)
21. Color 1. Begin in first sc of two. *1 dc in each of the next sts, fpdc around fpdc3tog, skip 1 hdc, 2 dc*. Do not fasten off.
(126 dc, 18 fpdc)
22. Begin in first dc on prev round.
*1 sc, (3 dc, ch2, 3 dc) in next st, 6 sc (the 4th sc will be in fpdc)*.
(126 sc, 18×3 dc, ch2, 3 dc)
23. Color 6. Begin in a chsp. *1 sc in chsp, ch2, skip 3 dc+1 sc, 5 dc in the BLO, ch2, skip 1 sc+3 dc*.
(18 sc, 90 dc, 36 ch2-sp)
24. Color 5. Begin in the second dc of five. *3 fphdc, ch3, skip 1 dc+chsp, (2 dc, pic, 2 dc) in the sc (make the dc’s between the two ’legs’ on the sc), ch3, skip chsp+1 dc.
(54 fphdc, 36 ch3-sp, 18×2 dc+pic+2 dc)
Cut the yarn and secure the ends. Block your mandala for the best result.
Please be aware that all my patterns are protected by copyright. This pattern belongs to me, Anna Nilsson, and I retain all rights to it. I ask that you don’t share my patterns/pdf´s with others, instead refer them to my blog annavirkpanna.com.